Maria Izabel 2016 Red

Winemaking
Harvesting took place in early September. The grapes harvested rested for 24 hours in a refrigerator container at 8º C in order to protect the integrity of the bunches. Following selection on the selection carpet were introduced in the vat 30% with destemming and 70% whole bunch, allowed to extract more gently the color compounds and aromas during 3 weeks of alcoholic fermentation totally in stainless steel vats, having completed the malolactic fermentation in stainless steel. After staged 75% in 4-year old barrels of 400 L and 225 L of French oak, where it remained for 12 months; having the remaining part of the lot - 25% staged in stainless steel.

Chemical analysis
Alcohol content 13,2% Vol
pH 3.70
Total Acidity 4.6 g / L
Total Sugars <0.6g / L

 

More wines from Quinta Maria Izabel

€15.99

Properties

Characteristics
Icon the winery 91385a8ea6cf09ebc7bf5483fb7d2dba15156b77792e8cade751b89f88524702 The Winery: Quinta Maria Izabel
Brand: Maria Izabel
Region: Douro
Type: Red
Vintage: 2016
Alcoholic Level: 13.2%
Icon grape varieties 5ef67bbf41e70ce6f009a73f51b8414b6eebc116dc4d59a69449b92366601093 Grape Varieties: Tinta Roriz, Tinta Francisca, Tinto Cão, Touriga Nacional, Sousão & Touriga Franca.
Icon winemaker e032a2e97335c334d3c23f51d0329f31645cae5160a0a302d3072c2fb70c059e Winemaker: Dirk Niepoort
Format: 75cl
Tasting
Colour: Deep ruby-violet wine.
Icon nose 176020a5140d2499a7f0e61d28ba9873d09e3af9dca561aeb6a91b357f650e5b Nose: Primary aromas of stems wrapped in notes of berries in a typical Douro set of thin cut, light spicy fresh.
Icon mouth fe9befcc324311cf7cf9e740b28462659874ebbdc4882ef64971fe9b95382c5e Mouth: In the mouth, seductive with rusticity conferred by the grappling of the grapes, combined with a more intense minerality with enough substrate resulting in a modern profile, long, thin and vibrant.